[Haskell-cafe] Matlab Style Logic Operations ala V1.*(V2>0) on Vectors and Matrices with HMatrix ??

gutti philipp.guttenberg at gmx.net
Tue Dec 21 23:56:33 CET 2010

Hi Henning,

Yes I just realised my mistake myself - I hand over the function instead of
the result. A really facinating concept by the way.

Thanks again for the Matrix notation - will give it a go right away now. And
the "manoever critics" on the code is really nice. - Helps me a lot to
embrace the haskell syntax.

One thing that still confuses me a litte:

polynom: double -> double ->double
polynom x y = y^2 + x^2 + 2*x*y

Type declaration for this polynom with two inputs - what is input and what
is output and which way a I supposed to read it ? -- x,y,polynom ? and when
would I use double -> double => double

Is there by the way the possibility in haskell to create functions with
several outputs - ala Matlab function declation:

function [N,k] = histogram(v,n)

Hope I'm not asking too basic questions here, so feel free to point me to
the right tutorial.

Cheers Phil