[Haskell-cafe] Do we need Monad fail (or MonadFail)?

Jonathan Geddes geddes.jonathan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 17:14:35 CET 2010

I'd be really interested in learning the rationale behind those changes. I'm
sure it wasn't done for capricious or arbitrary reasons, but I can't help
but see it as a step back.

--Jonathan Geddes (sent from android mobile)

On Dec 21, 2010 8:47 AM, "Lauri Alanko" <la at iki.fi> wrote:

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 08:31:08AM -0700, Jonathan Geddes wrote:
> I'd love for the compiler to give...
You will be interested to know that everything you ask for already was
in Haskell ages ago:

They decided to get rid of it in Haskell 98, for reasons that someone
else can probably explain.

Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe at haskell.org