[Haskell-cafe] Haskell on Debian - gcc compilation problem with cabal installed libs like hmatrix, etc.

Jason Jason at JasonKnight.us
Mon Dec 20 04:32:15 CET 2010

Phil,

I found Haskell to be a pretty steep slope at first too, but it helped me to
start out small and work my way up. And now its my favorite tool in the
arsenal!

One of the steps I took was to do quite a few of the Project Euler (
http://projecteuler.net/) problems, and then after cobbling together my own
solution (sometimes with small peeks at the Project Euler Haskell Solutions
(http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Euler_problems)) I could see all the
other Haskell solutions in the forums.

As far as scientific style programming goes, I liked this tutorial which
walks you through an entire program including a section on simulated
annealing: http://www.lisperati.com/haskell/.

<http://www.lisperati.com/haskell/>In the large, I really liked this
haskell-cafe response by Jonathan in regards to complete programs in
Haskell: http://www.mail-archive.com/haskell-cafe@haskell.org/msg85374.html
.
--
Jason M. Knight