[Haskell-cafe] handling multiple versions of a data structure

Sterling Clover s.clover at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 00:46:51 CET 2010

On Dec 16, 2010, at 5:48 PM, Daniel Peebles wrote:

> Have you considered moving these packages that are unrelated to web development into a separate namespace? I know that I never considered looking under the happstack namespace simply because I never do webapps.
>
> On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 5:09 PM, Jeremy Shaw <jeremy at n-heptane.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> You should use happstack-data for this (you do not need the other happstack components to use happstack-data)*. It was created to solve this exact problem.

+1 -- This package looks like it solves this (common) problem in a pretty good way. I've off and on considered writing a package that was very similar, and despite using happstack frequently, have never touched any of the data layers, and assumed they were all tied to the persistence layer, which I've avoided. This could definitely use some juice and traction on its own.

Cheers,
Sterl.