[Haskell-cafe] Cabal message problem.

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Thu Dec 16 15:52:55 CET 2010

Daniel Fischer <daniel.is.fischer at googlemail.com> writes:

> Or: it breaks with a bug introduced in 3.4.6 which hasn't yet been fixed.

This is an important point, I think: API breakages are not always
intentional.  Except for base, I generally don't specify upper bounds
(well, maybe this is laziness on my part as well), unless I know it will
break.

On the other hand, I run a script that at regular intervals pulls a set
of packages off Hackage and builds them, reporting any errors.  This
way, I'll hopefully be among the first to know if somebody upgrades a
library that breaks any of my programs.

-k