[Haskell-cafe] TLS package server interface do not seem to allow for asyncrhonious communication

Vincent Hanquez tab at snarc.org
Wed Dec 15 00:45:58 CET 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 09:21:48PM +0100, Mads Lindstrøm wrote:
> Hi Haskeleers,
>
> [snip]
> It seems to me that a general SSL implementation should not preclude
> asynchronous servers. I know, the TLS package is not more than a few
> months old and one can already use it for SSL servers and clients, which
> is quite impressive. So do not read this as a negative comment, more as
> suggestions for a better interface.

Hi Mads,

You're right about the interface; but as Antoine pointed out, for now you
can just use a thread for each connection.

I do hope to at some point have a more rich interface for IO; I'm definitely
looking to adopt Michael's TLS enumerator client interface (see the excellent
http-enumerator package), but for the server I haven't really though about it
yet.

--
Vincent