[Haskell-cafe] gtk2hs and hmake websites

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Sun Dec 12 21:55:24 CET 2010

* Joachim Breitner:

> I get regular error message from some Debian tools that check for new
> upstream versions that it cannot find http://haskell.org/hmake, and
> http://haskell.org/gtk2hs seems to be gone as well since the recent move
> of haskell.org. Is that temporary or will these projects have to find
> new homes?

There's a thread on the haskell list concerning this topic:

<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.general/18358>

I just discovered this breakage while investigating the state of
HaXml.  Without your message, I would have thought that HaXml is
abandonware because all the links seem to be broken.  But then I
discovered the discussion.

In your case, the working links appear to be these:

<http://haskell.cs.yale.edu/hmake/>
<http://haskell.cs.yale.edu/gtk2hs/>

So the net effect will be a migration from haskell.org to
haskell.cs.yale.edu, and not to community.haskell.org.  I think that's
pretty odd, but people will have their reasons for doing it this way.