[Haskell-cafe] haskell flickr bindings: "invalid signature" when uploading

Stuart Dootson stuart.dootson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 13:51:55 CET 2010

On 10 Dec 2010, at 12:39 PM, Dougal Stanton <dougal at dougalstanton.net> wrote:

> I've mailed the maintainer of the flickr api package but thought I
> would see if other people had this experience too. Google doesn't
> reveal many people using this package as far as I can tell.
>
> In short, authentication works fine but uploading images fails with
> this message. This happens with the included examples/Uploader.hs as
> well as my own code.
>
> toRequest: POST request contains 1 files; unable to represent as query string
> Defaulting to multiform/form-data instead
> Flickr error:
>
> Code: 96
> Type: Flickr API error
> Details: Invalid signature
>
> I haven't had a chance to dive deeper into this yet, but any advice
> gratefully received.
>
> Cheers,

> --
> Dougal Stanton
> dougal at dougalstanton.net // http://www.dougalstanton.net

That wouldn't surprise me - I have a suspicion the Flickr API has changed since hs-flickr was released - certainly there are issues with things like getting full comment information out, for which I've made some mods within a local copy of hs-flickr, with a mind to push them sometime.

Stuart Dootson