[Haskell-cafe] A home-brew iteration-alike library: some extension quiestions

John Millikin jmillikin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 05:46:52 CET 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 12:43, Michael Snoyman <michael at snoyman.com> wrote:
> For the record, enumerator (and I believe iteratee as well) uses
> transformers, not mtl. transformers itself is Haskell98; all FunDep
> code is separated out to monads-fd.
>
> Michael

iteratee also uses 'transformers', but requires several extensions;
see < http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/iteratee/0.6.0.1/doc/html/src/Data-Iteratee-Base.html

It seems silly to avoid extensions, though; every non-trivial package
on Hackage depends on them, either directly or via a dependency. For
example, though 'enumerator' requires no extensions itself, it depends
on both 'text' and 'bytestring', which require a ton of them.