[Haskell-cafe] A home-brew iteration-alike library: some extension quiestions

Permjacov Evgeniy permeakra at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 21:32:02 CET 2010

On 12/09/2010 11:17 PM, Antoine Latter wrote:
> Also, one thing that tripped me up is that your "Stream" type is
> fundamentally different from the "Stream" types in the
> iteratee/enumerator libraries - yours is more of a monadic list in the
> inner monad, with explicit errors.
>
> How does this change the operation of the Iterator type?
The problem was that I wished Zippee. It means that external enumerator
must be "suspended" at some points so Zippee can process elements from
both left and right streams in desired order. It makes any other
approach I considered impossible to use.

> Also, in what way are the other libraries not Haskell-2010 compliant?
> I haven't experimented too much with this sort of thing, since Cabal
> defaults to the Haskell '98 language, and that's how I install most
> things.
Haskell-2010 does not include functional dependencies (wich are
considered evil by many) and, as I recall, type families. This makes mtl
haskell-2010 and haskell-98 uncompilant -(. Functional dependencies and
type familes are tricky things, so it is better to avoid them.