[Haskell-cafe] dot-ghci files

Vincent Hanquez tab at snarc.org
Thu Dec 9 11:03:49 CET 2010

  On 09/12/10 07:01, Tony Morris wrote:
> I teach haskell quite a lot. I recommend using .ghci files in projects.
> Today I received complaints about the fact that ghci will reject .ghci
> if it is group-writeable. I didn't offer an opinion on the matter. I am
> wondering if these complaints have legitimate grounds i.e. maybe you
> want to have group write on that file for some reason.
>
> I'd appreciate some comments on this issue. Thanks.

You can insert *any* commands in the ghci file. including some system
commands, to delete everything.
That's probably the reason to deny a file to be group writable (anyone
in a group could write bad thing in there)

you can try putting the following in the .ghci to check for example:

<<<
readFile "somefileyouwanttoread" >>= writeFile "/tmp/apublicplace"

--
Vincent