[Haskell-cafe] GHC 7.0.1 developer challenges

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Wed Dec 8 17:34:14 CET 2010

On 08/12/2010 03:29 PM, Brandon S Allbery KF8NH wrote:
> Then build your CGIs restricted.  Restricting the runtime by default,
> *especially* when setting runtime options at compile time is so much of a
> pain, is just going to cause problems.  I'm already thinking that I may have
> to skip ghc7.

With current versions of GHC, to set the default RTS options you need to
do some insanity with linking in a C stub or something absurd like that.

However, take a look at this:

It appears that with GHC 7, you can just say something like
|-with-rtsopts="-H128m -K1m"| while compiling your program, and now that
will forever be the default RTS settings for your program.

I haven't actually tried this myself, however. In particular, I'm not
sure if you have to turn on the full RTS options before this will work...