[Haskell-cafe] Conditional compilation for different versions of GHC?

Brandon S Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Wed Dec 8 03:59:02 CET 2010

On 12/7/10 06:00 , Henning Thielemann wrote:
> Brandon S Allbery KF8NH wrote:
>> Since the base package is (with good reason) part of the compiler, anyone
>> smart enough to get that to work is smart enough to edit the cabal file.
> There are good reasons for not only bundling 'ghc' package with GHC, but
> 'base', too? I assumed it is intended to untangle 'base' and GHC in future,
> such that 'base' can be used with JHC, UHC, Hugs.

I seem to recall that the logistics of that change have been proving a bit
difficult in practice, and as such it's probably not going to happen very soon.

- --
brandon s. allbery     [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]      allbery at kf8nh.com
system administrator  [openafs,heimdal,too many hats]  allbery at ece.cmu.edu
electrical and computer engineering, carnegie mellon university      KF8NH
Version: GnuPG v2.0.10 (Darwin)