[Haskell-cafe] the beginning of the end

Albert Y. C. Lai trebla at vex.net
Sun Dec 5 21:36:42 CET 2010

On 10-12-05 12:34 PM, Daniel Peebles wrote:
> Oh yeah, the 2.0 stuff that snobby techies love to hate :) hrrmpf back
> in my day we programmed in binary using a magnetized needle on the
> exposed tape! I don't need any of this newfangled bull****.
>
> I kid! But I am curious to see why people are so opposed to this stuff?
> The attitude "I can't see any reason for it to exist" (without having
> seriously tried it) seems similar to that our (haskell's) detractors use
> when taking a cursory glance at it and saying the syntax doesn't make
> sense.

I pointed out one pragmatic problem, and even a workaround; this is not
a case of hugging an old magnetized needle. Perhaps you should take more
than a cursory glance of my message before saying that the stance
doesn't make sense. If you have misplaced it, here it is again:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe/84003