[Haskell-cafe] Categorical description of systems with dependent types

Petr Pudlak deb at pudlak.name
Thu Dec 2 16:13:32 CET 2010

  Hi,

recently, I was studying how cartesian closed categories can be used to
describe typed functional languages. Types are objects and morphisms are
functions from one type to another.

Since I'm also interested in systems with dependent types, I wonder if
there is a categorical description of such systems. The problem (as I
see it) is that the codomain of a function depends on a value passed to
the function.

I'd happy if someone could give me some pointers to some papers or other
literature.

     Thanks,
     Petr