[Haskell-cafe] Managing multiple installations of GHC

Robert Clausecker fuzxxl at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 05:16:21 CET 2010

Hi folks!

I want to test the new version 7 of GHC, but don't want to replace the
packaged version 6.12 with it.  I'm not very advanced with the internals
of GHC and have some problems.  So these are my questions:

I installed GHC into a subdir of my homedir, let's call it ~/ghc7. How
can I install additional libs there?

How can I install GHC 7 parallel to GHC 6.12 with the option to choose?
My OS is GNU/Linux, my Distro is Ubuntu (Lucid).

Thank you very much, yours Robert Clausecker