Fwd: Searching for Haskell (was: [Haskell-cafe] Slightly humorous: Headhunters toolbox (example for Germany))

Alberto G. Corona agocorona at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 13:57:30 EDT 2010

Ooops

Just after sending this I relized that it is possible to narrow the search
using categories.

Using the category programming:

http://www.google.com/insights/search/?hl=en-US#&cat=31&q=haskell&cmpt=q

<http://www.google.com/insights/search/?hl=en-US#&cat=31&q=haskell&cmpt=q>it
is even possible to compare the evolution of the term against the whole
category. Both go down with time (because technical people dominate less and
less the wen searches) . But the slope of "Haskell" is lesser than the one
of  "programming".

By the way, it is possible to compare two or more search terms. Within the
category programming, monad, and "type class" are scarce compared with
"object" but  the slope of the former ones are clearly up while object is
down.  (press "growth compared with the programing category").

What happened in the first half of 2006? monads were high there!.

An further example is lazy versus strict. Both are comparable in percentage,
but lazy is scandalously up while strict is down at the same rate.

http://www.google.com/insights/search/?hl=en-US#cat=31&q=lazy%2Cstrict%2C&cmpt=q

By the way, the term "tired"  has increasing share in the programming
category ;)

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 13:57:42 +0200, Alberto G. Corona  <agocorona at gmail.com>