[Haskell-cafe] Slightly humorous: Headhunters toolbox (example for Germany)

Henk-Jan van Tuyl hjgtuyl at chello.nl
Tue Aug 31 07:25:52 EDT 2010

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 00:45:23 +0200, sylvain <sylvain.nahas at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> Apart the programming language, I have encountered this term only as a
> family name. I would find interesting to know if there is a language in
> which this word exists and has yet another meaning.

It is amongst others the name of a city in Arkansas, several counties in
the USA, the first name of Haskell B. Curry and it occurs in the name of
shops, like Haskell's . There are several street names, like Haskell
Street, Haskell Lane, Haskell Avenue. Try Google earth, it list nine
locations with Haskell in the name. Furthermore, there are the "Haskell
Free Library and Opera House", the "Haskell Indian Nations University",
the "Haskell Invitational Handicap" and the "Haskell Oriental Museum".

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

--
http://Van.Tuyl.eu/