[Haskell-cafe] Re: Support for lock-free/wait-free programming?

Gregory Collins greg at gregorycollins.net
Sun Aug 29 13:08:48 EDT 2010

Gregory Collins <greg at gregorycollins.net> writes:

> It doesn't work because you missed the other half of my patch, removing
> the reference to libgcc_s -- programs link just fine without it. With it
> in there I get:

...sigh... The "programs link fine without it" part is a partial
lie. Anything that the C linker links (i.e. executables) works fine
without an explicit -lgcc_s, but ghci and compilations using template
haskell fail with an "unknown symbol `___bswapdi2'", or equivalent.

Looking for a workaround now.

Gregory Collins <greg at gregorycollins.net>