[Haskell-cafe] Re: Support for lock-free/wait-free programming?

Gabriel Wicke wicke at wikidev.net
Fri Aug 27 09:14:36 EDT 2010

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 01:09:41 -0400, Gregory Collins wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Does GHC expose any primitives for things like atomic compare-and-swap?
> I can't seem to find anything in the docs.

Hello Gregory,

I have recently published experimental and low-level FFI bindings to
GCC's
atomic primitives including CAS as 'bits-extras' on Hackage [1].
Instances for Int and Word types are included.

This is likely lower-level than what you are after, but might still be
handy for experimentation.

Kind regards

Gabriel

[1]: http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/bits-extras/0.1.0/doc/