[Haskell-cafe] Re: Hackage on Linux

aditya siram aditya.siram at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 12:14:57 EDT 2010

It does make a difference in certain cases. For a 2MB binary to be trivial
it assumes that (1) you are in a developed country (2) you are using a
landline internet connection and not going through your cell-phone company,
although this gap is closing fast.

I feel this India whenever I visit India.  Most people buy into a data
option through their cell phones and the available bandwidth is about an
order of magnitude *below* DSL. So that's one case where 15KB vs. 2MB is a
big deal.

-deech

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 10:50 AM, Andrew Coppin <andrewcoppin at btinternet.com