[Haskell-cafe] Hackage on Linux

Alexander Solla ajs at 2piix.com
Tue Aug 24 22:07:17 EDT 2010

On Aug 22, 2010, at 3:41 AM, Andrew Coppin wrote:

> It looks as if it's automated for Arch, however. Either that or
> somebody is spending an absurd amount of time keeping it manually up
> to date.

It probably is automated.  There's a tool out there called
"cabal2arch", which turns a cabal file into a PKGBUILD file.  They are
similar enough that translation can be done automatically, assuming
there aren't any special needs.  (For example, I doubt the gtk2
haskell package would work with cabal2arch)