[Haskell-cafe] Unix emulation

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 02:53:39 EDT 2010

On 23 August 2010 06:12, Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+hs at mega-nerd.com> wrote:

> I'm going to be a bit of a heretic here and suggest that you attack
> this problem from the other end. How you ask?
>
> Install Debian Testing/Unstable with Wine in a VM and cross compile
> to Windows.

No - that's a completely azzback solution.

MinGW / MSYS works fine, the problem is solely that the documentation
of the install procedure has gone awry, with conflicting and seemingly
out of date guides on the mingw.org website.

The best solution would be to sign up to the mingw-user mailing list
and ask what the currently preferred method is for installing.