[Haskell] Re: [Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: enumerator, an alternative iteratee package

Richard O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Mon Aug 23 01:40:15 EDT 2010

On Aug 21, 2010, at 4:12 AM, John Millikin wrote:
> This thought occurred to me, but really, how often are you going to
> have a 10 GiB **text** file with no newlines?

When you have a file developed on a system that follows a
different new-line convention.  I haven't seen a file that
big, but I'm sadly used to seeing humanly large files
display as single lines.

Of course if getLine/hGetLine accept *any* of CR, LF, CR+LF
as end-of-line (as opposed to using the platform native
convention), there's no problem.  That's a darned good idea
anyway.