[Haskell-cafe] feasability of implementing an awk interpreter.

Bill Atkins watkins at alum.rpi.edu
Sat Aug 21 23:22:15 EDT 2010

I don't think Template Haskell will be essential for this - you will probably need a parser (probably written with Parsec), an eval function, and a state monad to represent imperative changes made by the language you're evaluating.  Template Haskell is more for the elimination of boilerplate code or turning specs into compile-time constraints.