[Haskell] Re: [Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: enumerator, an alternative iteratee package

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Aug 21 15:44:13 EDT 2010

On 21/08/10 18:58, John Millikin wrote:
> I think the docs are wrong, or perhaps we're misunderstanding them.
> Magnus is correct.
>
> Attached is a test program which listens on two ports, 42000 (blocking
> IO) and 42001 (non-blocking). You can use netcat, telnet, etc, to send
> it data. The behavior is as Magnus describes: bytes from
> hGetNonBlocking are available immediately, while hGet waits for a full
> buffer (or EOF) before returning.
>
> This behavior obviously makes hGet unsuitable for enumHandle; my
> apologies for not understanding the problem sooner.

Thanks, but I suspect that it was my bad description of the issue that made
understanding the issue more problematic.

Anyway it's good we now understand each other, and even better that we agree
:-)

As an aside, has anyone written the code necessary to convert a parser, such
as e.g.  attoparsec, into an enumerator-iteratee[1]?

/M

[1] Similar to how attoparsec-iteratee does it for iteratee-iteratee.
magnus@therning.org           Jabber: magnus@therning.org