[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: binary-generic-0.2, generic binary serialisation using binary and syb.

Alexey Khudyakov alexey.skladnoy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 18:07:47 EDT 2010

On 21.08.2010 01:38, Lars Petersen wrote:
> * Float and Double are serialised big-endian according to binary-ieee754

I'd like to point out that binary-ieee754 is dead slow[1] and not usable
when one cares about performance. IMHO lack of ways to serialize
floating point data in IEEE754 format is one of the problems of binary
package.

[1] ~30 times slower that reading/writing with peek/poke although I had
to patch binary for that.