[Haskell-cafe] A cabal odyssey

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 09:32:02 EDT 2010

Duncan Coutts <duncan.coutts at googlemail.com> writes:

> On 19 August 2010 21:15, Andrew Coppin <andrewcoppin at btinternet.com> wrote:
>> Daniel Fischer wrote:
>
>>> Yes, when cabal runs haddock on a package, it generates a comprehensive
>>> index if none is present or expands it with the new docs.
>>> Quite cool that :)
>>>

>> It's something I've always _wanted_ Cabal to do, but this is the first time
>> I've ever seen it happen. I don't know what particularly I did to make this
>> happen, and now it seems to be gone, so...
>
> If you have documentation enabled then it is recreated every time you
> install a package.
>
> (Though only for user packages, since we have not yet worked out
> somewhere sensible we can stick a global index).

/usr/share/doc/haskell/ ?  However I think distros usually don't like
un-versioned directories there... :(

One thing I always find slightly irritating is that when using what
seems to be the default "/usr/share/doc/packagename-packageversion",
then every time I upgrade something then my bookmark links are all wrong
(and my browse history is full of now-useless links).

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com