[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: enumerator, an alternative iteratee package

John Millikin jmillikin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 00:48:12 EDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 21:35, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
<ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> For those of us not that familiar with the iteratee library, can you
> provide an example of your your enumerator library is simpler?  Do you
> mean that you have a smaller exposed API, or that it has more in-built
> combinators, etc.?

It has 2 exposed modules (vs 14), does not include TIFF or WAV
parsers, uses [] instead of ListLike, and discards StreamChunk in
favor of just "data Stream = Chunks [] | EOF". It has three
dependencies (base, bytestring, transformers) rather than roughly 20.

Currently mine probably has fewer built-in combinators, because it has
fewer everything, but if it's missing anything somebody uses I will be
happy to add it. Most of the functions available in Oleg's original
code (and thus in "iteratee") appear to be for instructive purposes,
rather than useful.