[Haskell-cafe] A cabal odyssey

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Wed Aug 18 13:13:48 EDT 2010

Ben Millwood wrote:
> I think it's not completely a stupid idea to have profiling default
> off. I personally do not really enjoy the fact that I compile
> everything three times nowadays :)

Fair enough. However, having documentation off by default is just
annoying...

On that note, I just remembered something else: During the course of
playing with all this Cabal stuff, I discovered that I had somehow
acquired a global package index. As in, an HTML file that links to the
documentation of *all* installed packages, not just the ones that come
with GHC. And when I installed more packages, it seemed to add them to
this index. Alas, removing packages doesn't remove them. I tried
deleting the file to see if Cabal would rebuild it, and now I just have
no file at all, and no idea how to get it back.

Then again, all the links were broken anyway. They all had paths like
"C:\Program Files\Haskell\...whatever", and Mozilla apparently expects
them to say "file://C:/Program Files/Haskell/...whatever". It kept
whining that "the C:\ protocol is not registered".

Does anybody know anything about this feature?