[Haskell-cafe] Re: cabal, haddock, hscolour

Johannes Waldmann waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Wed Aug 18 10:13:10 EDT 2010

Duncan Coutts <duncan.coutts <at> googlemail.com> writes:

> >> Your .cabal file probably does not list the "other-modules" ...
> Enforcing it properly is on the TODO list.

Please don't ... there's the design principle of
"making the typical case easy, but the complicated case possible"
(or something similar to that effect). It seems that
you plan to make the typical case cumbersome.

The question in this thread is about generating hscolourized source.
Everything else is working fine already - haddock is run on all modules
(in the transitive import closure - how is it computed?),
it's just that hscolour is not run.
I hoped there is an easy fix for that (= hack, if you want).

Actually, I don't need cabal here. Perhaps haddock should compute
the module import closure (and then run hscolour)?

For reference, you don't need to list all source files here:
http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/tooldocs/windows/javadoc.html#proces
singofsourcefiles

Best regards, J.W.