[Haskell-cafe] and from standard Prelude

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 18 09:04:21 EDT 2010

On 18 August 2010 13:29, Oleg Lobachev
<lobachev at mathematik.uni-marburg.de> wrote:

> By the way, does some good reading on streams in Haskell exist? I am interested primarily in a theoretical foundation, which should however be somehow related to Haskell. My guess would be the relation of streams, represented as lazy, not completely evaluated lists, and the evaluation strategies. The practical part is easier, feeding [1..] to various functions in GHCi. I have found [Ennals2003optimistic], but it seems to go in wrong direction.

If you mean streams as in stream fusion then I hope chapter 3 of my
PhD thesis will be of some help (when it is finally published). If you
mean streams as in always-infinite co-inductive sequences then a good
starting point is probably "Functional Pearl: Streams and Unique Fixed
Points" by Ralf Hinze.

Duncan