[Haskell-cafe] Re: Handling absent maintainers

Antoine Latter aslatter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 08:01:03 EDT 2010

It's a bad call to put any version restriction on the template haskell
package in your package description - the cabal solver will still go for the
latest version of your package and then try to install the listed version of
template haskell from Hackage, which leads to confusing errors.

Even if you try to use the version of template haskell to set a flag in your
package description, cabal-install will always form an install plan based on
the default value of your flag (leaving someone out).

Antoine

On Aug 18, 2010 3:59 AM, "Jonas Almström Duregård" <jonas.duregard at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I had been in contact with the maintainer of the
> package who has prepared a version 0.5 and was ...
I can upload a working .4 version of th-lift if needed, but I guess it
might be undesirable to depend on it if 0.5 changes the API.

I'll have a look at your version and see if I can merge my additions into
it.

For now, perhaps somebody should re-upload the current version of
src-meta with the correct dependencies (TH<2.4)?