[Haskell-cafe] Re: regex-compat on latest Haskell Platform

Mikhail Glushenkov the.dead.shall.rise at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 16:03:57 EDT 2010

Hi Kevin,

Kevin Jardine <kevinjardine <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I'm running Haskel Platform 2010.2.0.0 and attempting to compile with
> regex-compat under Windows XP.
> [...]

Apparently, you've been bitten by a bug in the installer:

http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/ticket/137

I haven't updated the installer yet, but in the meantime you can
install regex-posix from Hackage (there is a new version out that
should work on Windows out of the box). Do a 'cabal install
regex-posix' followed by 'cabal install --reinstall
regex-compat'.