Re: [Haskell-cafe] putStrLn "ß"

Pepe Gallardo pepe.haskell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 14:57:24 EDT 2010

Using the latest version (WinGHCi 1.0.6) and GHCi 6.12.3, I get:

*

Prelude>* putStrLn "ß"

*

Prelude>* print "ß"

"\223"
*

Prelude>* putStr "αγδ"

*** Exception: <stdout>: hPutChar: invalid argument (character is not in the
code page)

and this is consistent with output I get when using GHCi on a console on
Windows.

Cheers,
Pepe