[Haskell-cafe] Compiled OpenGL program has DOS window?

Eitan Goldshtrom thesourceofx at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 04:18:22 EDT 2010

Hi. I'm working in Windows on an OpenGL application. I finally got
everything working, doing all of my testing through the interpreter.
When I finally compiled and ran the program from an executable for the
first time I noticed that before creating my OpenGL window an empty DOS
prompt popped up. I think I understand why the computer would want to do
that, but I don't know how to make it stop. I've done some OpenGL in C++
and I remember having a similar problem. If I remember correctly the
problem was fixed with a compiler flag. I'm using GHC and I looked
through their compiler flags, but I didn't find anything that looked
like it would deal with this. Anyone have any ideas?

-Eitan