[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell in Industry

A Smith asmith9983 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 22:58:28 EDT 2010

New technologies are usually introduced by smart people who have the vision,
and drive to communicate  the benefits of doing it differently and usually
better to their peers, and seniors.
Few senior IT people will have any FP knowledge,  or maybe exposure  to  the
mathematical or CS  fundamentals  of FP over imperative programming.
New technologies need an environment where  spending can afford a degree of
risk.
I the UK, few graduates outside a limited set will have experienced Haskell,
OCAML, or Erlang. The talented will dabble  for the fun of it. Once MS push
F#, the situation will change. Look at the history and acceptance of C++ in
the 1990's.
--
Andrew in Edinburgh,Scotland.
A Haskell convert