[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell in Industry

Ben Moseley ben_moseley at mac.com
Wed Aug 11 02:32:17 EDT 2010

> Investment banking isn't likely to lead to improvements in zygohistomorphic prepromorphisms.

Given that an investment bank could (purely hypothetically of course.... ;-) use - say - paramorphisms as their fundamental approach to processing a deeply-embedded DSEL, I wouldn't be too quick to rule them out of improvements to recursion combinators...

And, more generally, Investment Banking has interesting problems to solve, smart people working there, and a willingness to use (and improve) cutting-edge technology.

IMHO, all of these are good things.

--Ben