[Haskell-cafe] Re: [web-devel] statically compiled css

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Wed Aug 11 00:49:21 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 4:14 PM, Liam O'Connor <liamoc at cse.unsw.edu.au>wrote:

> @Michael: Have you seen the JSMacro package on hackage? I think it might be
> a better fit as it adds some nice syntactic goodies to JS in addition to
> variable interpolation.

I assume you're referring to JMacro, correct? I wasn't able to get it to
build at the moment, and even if it *did* build, it has a lot of
dependencies, which isn't something I'd like to subject Hamlet users to.
Also, probably the most important feature for me in the Javascript
templating will be type-safe URLs, which I don't think JMacro supports.

Also, I thought I'd publish the results of the naming survey[1]. Summary:
overwhelming support for Cassius, Julius and Mustard. I thought I'd also
publish some of the best comments here, please feel free to claim them:

Thank you for replacing some layers of brittle duck tape with good static
duct type :)

I hope you don't end up with a mismatch like Camlet and Jsaesar; that would
be awkward. Also, I just noticed this, but Camlet might lead to some
confusion with the Caml family of languages.

I bathe in the blood of my enemies; eating it would be disgusting!

I'm just running a few compiles to make sure everything went fine, and will
then be pushing to github.

Michael

[1]
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Aj9dwvcPwQ9ldHVOU2p6OVRkcWVQVG10d01OWk8yU2c&hl=en&output=html