[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell in Industry

aditya siram aditya.siram at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 13:32:37 EDT 2010

> Yes.  I find that out of 10 people I train, only about 2 pick it up
> and run with it.  I'm starting to believe you are either wired for
> functional programming, or you're not.
>
> I disagree that only certain brains are wired for FP. I think your
experience can be explained by people's inability to change in general.  I
guess a good counter argument would be if the people who didn't take to FP
were able to pick up imperative programming easily.

That said it's great that you were able sell Haskell to your company and
follow through by actually delivering. It's really nice that the Haskell
community has these success stories.

-deech