[Haskell-cafe] Socket not released

Jonathan Geddes geddes.jonathan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 11:22:22 EDT 2010

> Only a guess, but I predict that it will work for your purposes,
> since you're not concerned about what happens to std_in et al.

I actually am concerned about what happens to std_in. The parent
process serializes a bit of state and passes it to the child via the
child's std_in. There's probably a better way to do such a thing, but
it works for now.

>That statement in the documentation is ambiguous, so if it isn't
>convenient to just test for this, you need someone to clarify
>what "doesn't work" means.

 I will wait to test this when (and if) I have to put a node on a Windows box.

> Sure!  At least from a POSIX perspective, and it would be surprising
> if a Haskell implementation failed to preserve that.

If only I knew for sure that all nodes would remain in the POSIX world.

I appreciate the help.

--Jonathan