[Haskell-cafe] Preview the new haddock look and take a short survey

Lars Viklund zao at acc.umu.se
Mon Aug 9 04:23:03 EDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 01:00:16AM -0400, Mark Lentczner wrote:
> The Haddock team has spent the last few months revamping the look of the generated output. We're pretty close to done, but we'd like to get the community's input before we put it in the main release.
>
> Please take a look, and then give us your feedback through a short survey
>
> Sample pages:  http://www.ozonehouse.com/mark/snap-xhtml/index.html
> Frame version: http://www.ozonehouse.com/mark/snap-xhtml/frames.html
>
> Survey:
> 	http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHcwYzdMNkl5WER1aVBXdV9HX1l5U3c6MQ
> Short link to same survey:
> 	http://bit.ly/9Zvs9B
>
> Thanks!
>
> 	- Mark

The framed layout has one very crippling disadvantage.

It's is impossible to link sanely to individual pages or sections.
If you copy the link to a particular page or anchor, you lose the frames.
If you grab the URL from the address bar, you end up at the root level.

Compare it with the horror that is the Boost.Serialization docs [1] or
the C++ draft [2].

The survey seems to be inactive, by the way.

[1] http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_43_0/libs/serialization/doc/index.html
[2] http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/open/n2356/

Lars Viklund | zao at acc.umu.se