[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: DSTM 0.1.1

Frank Kupke frk at informatik.uni-kiel.de
Fri Aug 6 05:14:06 EDT 2010

Paul,
Yes, I use Read and Show to serialize. I thought of switching to Binary myself but could not find the time yet ;-) Now, a student here is going to work on that. Also, as TCP communication involves a lot of overhead, the library makes some efforts to reduce the amount of messages and makes message exchange itself quite efficient which resulted in a significant efficiency gain. But, there is definitely more optimization potential buried...

Frank