[Haskell-cafe] Haskell Platform OPENGL dependencies

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Thu Aug 5 17:51:16 EDT 2010

aditya.siram:
> Hi folks,
> I just installed the latest Haskell Platform on a fresh Ubuntu Lucid machine
> and I had to install the following packages to satisfy Open GL:
> libgmp3-dev,libgl1-mesa-dev, libglu1-mesa-dev, freeglut3-dev
>
> Just thought you might want to document that on the Haskell Platform page.
> -deech

Thanks.

The best way to install the Haskell Platform is via a distro package,
e.g. the "haskell-platform" on Debian. Ubuntu will import this soonish.

Until then, you will need to manually install the dependencies, as
listed on the Debian package page:

    http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/haskell-platform

-- Don