[Haskell-cafe] Re: Handling absent maintainers

Ben Millwood haskell at benmachine.co.uk
Thu Aug 5 13:38:12 EDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 5:07 AM, Erik de Castro Lopo
<mle+hs at mega-nerd.com> wrote:
> The permissiveness of hackage uploads suggests that Hackage needs
> to start using something like GPG signing and GPG webs of trust.
> The Debian project has stuff like this in place and I'm sure this
> community could learn a lot from what Debian is currently using.
> Erik

It's worth mentioning that Hackage accounts aren't just given out for
free - one has to specifically request them, and they can presumably
just as easily be revoked.

Thanks Mark, I'll request a Hackage account within the next couple of
days and then make the upload.