[Haskell-cafe] hGetContents: resource exhausted

Donn Cave donn at avvanta.com
Thu Aug 5 11:11:25 EDT 2010

Quoth Lally Singh <lally.singh at gmail.com>,
> That fixed the signal problem!
>
> Sadly that just gets me far enough to Setup +RTS -V0 -RTS build, which
> runs ghc, which then dies from the same signal problem :-(

Well, yeah - a solution it is not, but we sure know a lot about the
problem now.  Your ghc is fundamentally broken - hGetContents, a
very commonly used base library function, can't survive the runtime's
own timer signals.  Obviously this doesn't happen for other users,
maybe even on OpenSolaris?  I'm sure someone has a clue how this
could happen.

	Donn Cave, donn at avvanta.com