[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: DSTM 0.1.1
andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Wed Aug 4 04:53:45 EDT 2010
Frank Kupke wrote:
> For usage please look into the documentation file: DSTMManual.pdf.
1. Any danger of puting this somewhere I can read it without having to
download and manually unpack the Hackage tarball?
2. Since DSTM depends on the Unix package, I presume this won't work on
Windows. (?) OOC, what does it use Unix for?
3. It is unclear to me what happens in the event of a communications
failure. The documentation says an exception is thrown, but does the
running transaction rollback or just retry or...? (The documentation
seems to suggest that it might actually *commit* in spite of a
communications failure, which sounds wrong.) Also, when is failure
detected? Is it only when a transaction tries to access the variable?
4. What network transport does this thing use? TCP? UDP? What port numbers?
5. How does it work? Does it spawn a Haskell thread for each machine
connection or something?
6. The past tense of "join" is "joined", not "joint". ;-)
More information about the Haskell-Cafe