[Haskell-cafe] Suggestions For An Intro To Monads Talk.

C K Kashyap ckkashyap at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 01:39:29 EDT 2010

Please take a look at this video

Here Monad's are explained as "something" that helps making your program
modular. The teacher gives an example implementation of an expression
evaluator with and without monads. It takes a complete rewrite to
incorporate changes in the program without monads where as only minor tweaks
are required for the implementation with monads - also, its easier to
identify the location where change needs to be done and the change is

And the flow is pretty nice - as in, people will not doze off :)