[Haskell-cafe] Suggestions For An Intro To Monads Talk.

aditya siram aditya.siram at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 18:44:57 EDT 2010

Thanks for reminding me. Although I wonder if there is a difference between
drawing metaphors (monads are burritos etc.) and drawing parallels. For
example in the beginning it was useful for me to think of monads (and
typeclasses really) as approximating Java interfaces. Now this parallel dies
pretty quickly but it was something for me to hold onto while internalizing
the concepts. Is there a danger in telling people this?

-deech