[Haskell-cafe] Using the Clipboard under Windows

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Thu Apr 29 19:54:28 EDT 2010

2010/4/29 Günther Schmidt <gue.schmidt at web.de>

> Hello,
>
> is there some sample code on how to use the Graphics.Win32.GDI.Clip?

That part of the library is fairly low level and has a mostly one-to-one
correspondence to the C API.  This means that you should be able to more or
less read an example of how to do it in C and just translate that to the
functions you see in Graphics.Win32.GDI.Clip.

In other words, try this example:
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/clipboard/archerclipboard1.aspx

Now, on a stylistic note, I think most people who do Win32 programming avoid
directly using GDI.  It's older, low level, and sort of "primitive".  So,
usually you'd use a different library that wraps around GDI.  At least, that
seemed to be the case when I last looked for resources about GDI
programming.  Perhaps it doesn't apply universally (my example usage was
with fonts).

Jason